6 Fun Virtual Team Building Activities To Try During WFH!
6 Fun Virtual Team Building Activities to try during WFH In our current situation where most people spend most of their time working from home (WFH), it has affected the mental health of many, from a slight degree (a.k.a. cabin fever) to a more serious impact on mental health such as anxiety and depression. This […]
Experiential Learning – The Importance of Hands On Activities
Here at EcoPonics, we offer a wide range of Science related workshops such as mushroom growing workshops, terrarium making workshops and even food waste learning journeys. This is in line with our belief that experiential learning is extremely beneficial to the learning process of all students. Besides adding a little bit of fun to normally […]
Terrarium Singapore – Benefits of Having Terrariums in the Classroom
Thinking of signing up for a terrarium workshop with EcoPonics Terrarium Singapore but still feeling undecided? Let us help you to make up your mind! Did you know that aside from being a beautiful decor, terrariums can also provide many benefits, when you keep them open. Start reading to find out more! Fact #1: Smelling […]
Leather Maintenance Tips – How to Care For Your Leather Goods
Just finished an upcycling leather crafting workshop with us? Leather is well known for its sturdiness and glossy appearance. With this article, we will be sharing with you some leather maintenance tips, to help you maintain your leather goods in tip-top condition. Without proper care, leather can easily stain or dry up, which might cause […]
Say Goodbye to Disposable and Hello to Reusables!
Did you know that using reusables saves an estimated 100 pieces of a disposable version of the item? While using disposables have become an everyday practice for most of us as we use disposable straws, plastic containers, plastic bags, etc. Perhaps it is time for us to kick the habit and do our part for […]
Fittonia Care Tips – How to Care for Your Fittonia Plant!
Just finished a terrarium making workshop with Ecoponics? Here at Ecoponics, we make our terrariums with Fittonia plants, also known as nerve or mosaic plants. With this article, we will be sharing with you some Fittonia care tips, and also letting you know more about the characteristics of the Fittonia plant. Read on to find […]
Candle Maintenance Tips – Candle Care Tips
Just finished your candle making workshop with Ecoponics? As much as you are excited to light up your candle, it is even more important to know how to care for your candle, and how to maintain your candle. With this article, we’ll be sharing some candle maintenance tips with you that will help you to […]
Benefits of Soy Wax Candles
Here at Ecoponics Singapore, we conduct our DIY candle workshops using soy wax! Why? You may ask. Although soy wax is more expensive compared to paraffin wax, the benefits of soy wax will definitely be worth it! 1. Soy Wax is Renewable Soy wax is obtained from soybeans, thus making them natural and renewable. Furthermore, […]
Energy Saving Hacks for Schools – Live Green!
With more than 300 educational institutions in Singapore, schools definitely have a big impact on the energy consumption levels of Singapore. As such, if we are able to make even a small reduction in the energy consumption levels of each school, we would then be able to significantly reduce the energy consumption levels of Singapore. […]
Benefits of Art for Children – Embrace the Inner Artist in Your Child!
In today’s society where education is so highly prioritised, it is easy for us to sideline art, and pay more attention to examinable ones. This is evident in the high saturation of children who are attending tuition classes, but a relatively low saturation of children attending art classes. This unfortunately results in a lot of […]
Scintillating Science – How to Make Science Lessons More FUN!
Water Cycle. Fungi and microorganisms. Plant systems. Mention any of these phrases to a primary school student and you’ll be sure to hear a collective groan from them. BUT, learning Science does not have to be so dry and boring! Today, I’ll be sharing some tips on how you can make Science lessons more engaging […]
Food Waste Management in Singapore – Why it Begins in Schools
“Food Waste Management” – It is a term that is commonly used today, but sadly, not much has been done to carry it out. According to NEA, food waste makes up approximately 10% of waste produced locally, but only 16% of this food waste ends up being recycled. The other 84% ends up in incinerators, […]